2nd International Conference Testing the Waters 2015 a tremendous success
Friday 30 October, 2015 Leave a comment
The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA), SEWPROF, SCORE, and Eawag organised the second International Conference Testing the Waters 2015 at the conference centre Congressi Stefano Franscini, at Monte Verità, Ascona above Lago Maggiore, in Switzerland (11-15 October 2015) .
- Monitoring Studies: targeted sampling at local, regional, national and international scale, preferably integrating wastewater results with other epidemiological data.
- Methodological Improvements: quantifying and reducing uncertainty of back-calculation, monitoring design and in-sewer transformation.
- Advances in Analytical Chemistry: method refinements and ability to measure new substances.
- Ethical and Legal Aspects: discussion of settings requiring special attention.
- Innovative Applications: wastewater analysis for community-wide health assessment beyond illicit drugs.
The conference proved to be a tremendous success. All ERs and ESRs from SEWPROF ITN gave oral presentations on their research.